Davao City: Tour in the countryside
The places of interest outside Davao City is quiet far from each other so it is wise to rent a van for a more comfy and quicker tour in the countryside. We decided to rent a van for our second day tour. Good thing we got a good deal from Kuya Ging-ging.
Our itinerary goes like this:
- Eden Nature Park – we got in the park as early as 7:00am, it was not a good decision though because the guided tour started at 9am already. It will be better to visit first Loleng’s Mountain Spring. You can pass by Loleng’s on your way to Eden.
I would recommend that you avail of the guided shuttle tour if ever you have no plan of staying for overnight. Being on a guided tour will be more entertaining and it is worth it for the P150/adult with free plated snacks.
- Philippine Eagle Center – entrance fee is only P5.00/person in the Malagos Garden Park and Watershed. This is the way to the Philippine Eagle Center. Picnic is allowed inside Malagos Garden for free, we had our lunch here. You can also see a lot of stores around the park who are selling Malongs, t-shirts, souvenirs, etc..
- Then we go straight to GAP Farming Resort. It is just like Eden Park which is also a wide land area and you will get intouch with nature. I love the sign as you inside the entrance gate that says: LAND OF PROMISE.
- Japanese Tunnel – I was surprised to see that the surroundings are already well developed. For me, it would be better if only they preserved the area as it is. I missed to see the entrance of the tunnel when we got-in in the area. But for the entrance fee of P50.oo/adult it wasn’t that bad.
- Crocodile Park – this park is well maintain. But I am so exhausted that I can’t no longer take the tour around the park.
It was a fulfilling day. The effort, the weary soul was washed-out with the experiences I’ve gained on this trip.
To wrap up the expenses:
- Eden Nature Park & Resort
Buffet LunchP450.00/adult P280.00/child (4-10 y.o.)
Snack PlatedP180.00/adult P150.00/child (4-10 y.o.)
Guided Shuttle Tour within the Park P100/person
Horseback Riding P85.00
Entrance to the Fishing Village P55.00
Entrance to the Swimming Pool P80.00/adult P55.00/child
Tinubdan-Langub sa Kaalaman Show P55.00
For more info about Eden Nature Park:
or Contact the Manager: Mr. Joseph Lawrence V. Lao (0927-8388334) (301-0301
2. GAP Farming Resort entrance fee P30.00/adult
3. Malagos Garden Resort entrance fee P5.00/adult P 3.00/child
4. Philippine Eagle Center entrance fee P50.00/adult P30.00/child
5. Japanese Tunnel entrance fee P50.00/adult P20.00/child
6. Davao Museum entrance fee P100.00/adult
Contact Person for the van:
Kuya Ging-ging 0927 3655813 ; 0949 7220657 – he is very kind and considerate. Contact him and negotiate with the price. We rented his van for P3,000/day for the countryside tour.
for more pictures and updates, kindly visit phingtravels facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/phingtravels