Boracay: A perfect get-away even for family
I usually consider going to Bohol or Dakak Beach Resort everytime we are on the planning stage to go for a vacation with my family. Boracay is usually for friends and for the honeymooners but with family? Probably not. I was worried what would be the best activities to do on that well-developed island, that are kid friendly.
It was last mid August that I’ve decided to bring along my only kid to Boracay. Why not? Enjoying in the white sand bar is good enough to spend a quality time with my loved one. Unfortunately, typhoon Kabayan just passed by the area of Aklan on that time. Big waves and high-tide was the only affray on the trip. But we are blessed with sunny days all throughout the vacation.
Upon arrival in Caticlan, Cagban Port was the jump-off point to Boracay Island since it was high-tide and there was big waves. There is no decent port yet in Cagban. And trike fare is quiet pricey going from Caticlan airport to Cagban Port than going directly from airport to Jetty Port but on that season we don’t have any other choice.
Since it was lean season, it is also easier to look for a resort without booking in advance. We wanted to stay in Station 1 but the resort of our choice was already fully booked on that time since there was an event. With further walking and looking around, Bans Beach Resort was definitely not a bad choice. I will include my review about this resort in my next post.
So here are some of my tips on what to do in Boracay with your family and even with kids.
- enjoy a leisurely walk in the white sand in the Island
- take a dip in the warm sea water in early morning and late afternoon, kids love this
- shop for souvenirs in D’Mall
- have their hair breaded
- indulge for a good meal, icecream or refreshments al fresco style
- go island hopping. When the tides are not so high
- rent an ATV or Buggy ride
- Spend late afternoon watching the sun set while on Paraw boat
- And when the sun sets, have a yummylicious dinner while witnessing fire dancers show their amazing stunts
Isn’t it nice to spend a vacation in Boracay with your family? A lot of activities awaits you there that can also cater to your kids. Boracay definitely also a vacation get-away with your family and with your kids.